I made this for dinner tonight, the dog supervised and made sure I didn’t drop a thing. Here are the recipes if you’re interested. They’re all super easy! Sorry I don’t have any macros for you, though. I’m just getting back into Keto and I’m doing it more lazy Keto-style so you may need to adjust the ingredients accordingly if you’re going more strict.
Chicken and Broccoli Ingredients:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 oz of cream cheese
- 6 strips of bacon
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Frozen broccoli florets (as much as you’d like for your side)
- Olive Oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut bacon into bite-sized pieces and fry up in a pan
- Drain bacon onto paper towel when it’s reached desired crispiness and discard excess bacon fat.
- Melt cream cheese either in frying pan (this is what I did), or microwave
- Mix cream cheese and bacon together with salt, black pepper, and onion powder (all seasonings are to taste)
- Cut holes into chicken breasts just enough to stuff the filling into but make sure not cut all the way through
- Stuff chicken with cream cheese and bacon mixture
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper (to taste)
- Top with cheddar cheese
- On the same sheet as chicken breasts, pour florets onto pan next to chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder (to taste)
Bake chicken and broccoli in oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Thats it!
Cheesy Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”:
The recipe is essentially the same, except that I already had some frozen, riced Cauliflower in the freezer so I used that instead of fresh. I also used a blender instead of food processor, so mine didn’t come out quite as “puree’d” as hers. Here’s the recipe anyway!
- (1) 10oz bag frozen, riced Cauliflower (or 1 fresh head of Cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp Butter (or to taste)
- 2oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I used Old Croc White Cheddar)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Cook cauliflower in microwave using package instructions. If using fresh, cut up Cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and cook in microwave with 2 tbsp heavy cream and butter for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Because I used frozen, once done, I poured cauliflower into clean dish towel and strained some of the water out of the cauliflower. You shouldn’t have the same issue with fresh.
- Pour cauliflower into food processor with cheese and puree until smooth. Add more heavy cream or butter as necessary to adjust consistency to your preference.