I love writing easy recipes for you, and this Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread recipe is as simple as it gets. All you need to do is throw the low-carb ingredients in a blender, transfer to a pan, then bake. Making this homemade bread recipe is close to effortless.
Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread is a keto dessert recipe. If you don’t eat sugar or other sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup you’ll find it’s just sweet enough for you. If you follow a higher carb diet it may not seem very dessert-like in comparison to the other foods you are eating.
I haven’t experimented with using other sweeteners in place of stevia in this bread recipe so not sure how that would work. For those of you that are looking for a substitute for the protein powder, I also haven’t tried that so can’t be of much help! If you do experiment please leave a comment and let us know how it goes.
Ingredients: Serves: 16 slices
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 2 tablespoons egg white protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla stevia
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a food processor, pulse almond flour, egg white protein powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt
- Pulse in eggs, lemon zest, and stevia until batter is very smooth
- Stir in blueberries by hand
- Transfer batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf dish
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 min
- Cool for 2 hours, then remove from pan
Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread is delicious toasted and topped with butter. This bread is perfect for dunking in my caffeine-free Dandelion Coffee. I love that the coffee I drink every morning is not just caffeine-free, but a fabulous liver cleanser as well!
To store Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread, let cool overnight, then wrap in a paper towel and place it in a ziploc bag. It will keep refrigerated for 1 week when stored this way. I haven’t tried freezing this bread so not sure how long it would keep in the freezer.
If you’re a fan of low-carb high-fat (LCHF) diets you’ll want to check out my Keto Recipes page. You’ll also want to take a look at my post called, Is the Keto Diet a High Protein Diet? Quick hint. It’s not! Here are some of my other keto bread recipes for you!