What is fat head pizza dough?
It’s a mixture of mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and keto friendly flours, combined to make your favorite doughs. It’s used in pizza, calzones, and even some breads and crackers.
Why is low carb dough called “fat head” anyway?
If you are here, you are wondering if fat is good for you. We have heard so much over the last 2 decades that “fat makes you fat”. The movie Fat Head showed that fat does NOT make you fat, and in fact, is necessary for your body.
The low carb dough that is referred to as “fat head dough” is has lots of healthy fats, and is, well, low carb. Fat head dough has been recreated over and over, adding different seasonings. It also takes on many different forms. We think you’ll love this fat head pizza crust!
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Nut Blend Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Microwave for one minute at a time until melted (I only needed to heat mine for two mins.). Or you can use a double broiler if you don’t use a microwave
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- When cheese is melted, add the egg and blend. The cheese mixture will be firm but pliable.
- Pour dry ingredients into the cheese mixture and thoroughly mix together.
- Kneed dough for several minutes until you no longer see the cheese.
- Roll out pizza dough between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Place pizza dough on a sheet of parchment paper on a pizza pan or in a cast iron skillet. Our skillet is 14″ for a large pizza.
- Use a fork and poke holes in the crust all over.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add pizza toppings of choice.
- Bake 10 additional minutes with toppings or until done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 8 sections.