Banana is available all year round so I always make sure there’s banana on the table every day. I usually use bananas for my daily smoothies.
I was in the mood to make something different for breakfast and banana bread recipe is the easiest recipe I found online.
It is shocking to know how healthy minded people are nowadays. A simple banana bread recipe can now have several healthy versions like low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, keto, paleo etc.
So joining the hype, this recipe is a low carb banana bread. I also call this almond flour banana bread, because instead of regular flour, almond flour was used.
This low carb bread recipe is an amended version of this original keto bread recipe. Stevia is my sugar substitute. The original recipe does not have this, I was kind of worried that it will taste bland, so I added stevia. This is totally optional though.
For this recipe, you need the following ingredients – ingredients that you usually have in your fridge and pantry.
- Bananas (depending on you diet, adjust the amount or number of bananas)
- Eggs – there are a lot of egg varieties in the grocery so choose whatever you like
- Almond flour – this kind of flour is quite expensive by the way, but if you’re serious about following a low carb diet, the benefit outweighs the cost
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Sweetener, sugar substitute but for this recipe I used stevia. A word of warning, if you used too much stevia, expect a bitter or salty taste
- Walnuts or pecans or any nuts of your choice or no nuts at all if you are allergic to them
- For extra added aroma, you can also add vanilla extract
What I love about baking is that you can experiment and adjust the amount of ingredients for your desired diet or taste.
In my chemistry class in high school, my teacher told me that in order to achieve an exact level of consistency, combine the dry and wet ingredients separately first before combining everything together.
So for the method of baking for this recipe, combine the eggs, bananas, oil together. Then separately combine the flour, baking soda and stevia. To make a batter, combine the two mixtures together.
The baking process for this recipe is usually 60-75 minutes but if you decided to adjust the ingredients, check your often once the baking reached 30 minutes and if it’s not fully baked, continue baking but check if it’s cooked every after 15 minutes.
The Best Low Carb Banana Bread (keto-friendly)
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
This banana bread recipe is the best low carb bread recipe. If you are looking for an easy and healthy bread recipe, you should never miss this low carb banana bread or almond flour banana bread.
- 3 overripe banana, mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- stevia or preferred sweetener (add as much as desired depending on your level of sweetness)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- coconut oil for spraying/greasing the pan
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a food processor or a bowl, add eggs and beat. Add mashed banana. Add olive oil. Mix.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and stevia.
- Combine the two mixtures together until well blended. Toss in the walnuts.
- Spray/grease the loaf pan with coconut oil and pour batter.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Use a tester or a toothpick, if it comes out clean then it’s cooked!
Mine was baked 60-70 minutes same with the original recipe – link above (maybe our oven is kinda old), but I got testers who were able to bake it half the original cooking time posted. So bake 30-35 minutes minimum.
Cooking time depends on the number of bananas you used, so if you put only 1 banana, bake 30-35 minutes minimum.
Amount per serving:
Total Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrate 15g – 4g Fiber = 11g Net Carbs (1g per slice)
Dietary Fiber 4g
Total Sugars 7g