1 large egg room temperature
1/3 cup butter softened, OR ghee
2/3 cup golden monk fruit sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 tsp xanthan gum .* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 oz unsweetened dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a large bowl, beat the egg then whisk in softened butter (ghee), monk fruit sweetener and vanilla extract
3) Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and cinnamon until combined.
4) Fold in chopped chocolate.
5) Use a small cookie scoop to drop dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. The cookies do NOT spread much so gently flatten the dough with your hand or the bottom of a small glass.
6) Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling.
7) STORE IN THE FRIDGE – these cookies taste even better when you chill them in the fridge overnight.